Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gifts

Davis and Annie are not old enough for us to know what the "must have" gift is for this season.
But apparently their grandparents are in tune with the must have gifts.
Davis and Annie received two of these yesterday within 20 minutes of each other, one from each set of grandparents.


I'm thankful for grandparents that desire for their grandchildren to know the story of Christ.
It matters.
As a matter of fact, it's the only thing that matters.
I promise you that the toys they receive will perish.
Next year we will have forgotten the awe on Davis' face when he opens...
But teaching our children (and grandchildren) the story of Christ will endure.
I genuinely hope that one day my children are more amazed that God became a man, than the number of presents under a tree.
I PRAY that they will cherish Jesus, and not things that will one day be our junk at a yard sale.
I'm thankful that it starts this year. I could cover my house in nativity sets. But my children are going to notice the things I cherish, the things I am amazed by.
By His grace, I hope they see me amazed and cherishing Christ.

No comments: