Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scripture Encouragement

I have a sticker in the front of my bible that breaks the Psalms up into 30 different readings, so you can read through the Psalms each month.
This morning I got to Panera a little early before I was supposed to meet with a guy, so that I could do my reading and journaling.
Today's Psalm was 139.

Today we also went to the doctor for Katie's check up. Amazingly we only have one more check up before the big day! Well, with this on my mind, Psalm 139 hit home pretty well.

I inserted Annie's name into the text and it is beautiful. (A pastor from Fellowship did this in the hospital with Davis as well and it was really neat to be looking at Davis and hear these words.)

But as I read these words it is hard to freak out about being a parent again. It's hard to worry about "getting it right". It's hard to stress about "raising kids". But it becomes easy to rest in the hands of a sovereign God who is so much greater than I give Him credit for being. It becomes easy to breathe easy, knowing Gods plans are higher than mine, and his thoughts above mine. It becomes easy to know that Annie is no accident, work of nature, just another baby... but rather a gift from our Heavenly Father.

Ps. 139:13-18
"For you created Annie's inmost being;
you knit Annie together in Katie's womb.
I praise you because Annie is fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Annie's frame was not hidden from you when she was made in the secret place.
When Annie was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw her unformed body.
All the days ordained for Annie were written in your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you."

Resting easy in who He is.

No comments: