Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mulch, wedding and a sermon

Two of these go together....
can you figure it out....

Both in spreading mulch and a sermon sometimes you are spreading a bunch of *crap*. That may not be appropriate, but that is the only thing I could come up with to title this post!

This last week we did get some new mulch around our house. It was a very rewarding day of work. It's measurable! You start off with your yard looking unfinished and after a couple trucks of mulch your yard looks new. Plus it was a beautiful day to work.
Saturday we went to a wedding that was held in a backyard garden and it was really cool. So many great anaolgies. Katie and I asked ourselves at the wedding, "Do you think every person, at every wedding reflects back on their wedding?" I sure hope so.

Sunday was definitely a work day for me. 13 hours later (with an hour lunch break) I wrapped a day of small group training, teaching a newly married class, setting up for a reception, Leaders Appreciation Reception, leading worship at that, then home.

Yesterday I had the chance to teach at Crossroad. Crossroad is Fellowship's weekly worship service for college students from the community. It is one of the toughest places to teach because of the excellence of teaching from Greg Pinkner. I wrapped up the sermon on the mount last night and felt good about it at the end of the night. Here is a link to the website where you can listen if you are interested.JC SERMON I am NOT doing this for self promotion, but I really can't recommend the other sermons enough. They will completely change how you view the sermon on the mount. My challenge was to wrap it all up.

Ok. there you go. Weekend recap. Beautiful week ahead.

No comments: