Thursday, April 23, 2009

Capturing Life

There is some debate as to how much time we view life through a lens instead of just absorbing the moment. Meaning, we are so concerned with "capturing" a shot that we miss the moment of laughter, concern, etc... I agree.
I know that sometimes even I am more concerned about "tweeting" something than just sitting in the moment for a while. I think it stems from us being experiential people, so when we experience something that touches us we want to share that event with others. There must be a balance.
We ARE created to share life together, but there needs to be a tension between virtual sharing and real life sharing. I hope I don't miss a "first" of Annie or Davis because I'm updating a blog, or cropping a photo, or checking twitter. But I also am thankful that our extended family and friends can also share in some of our experiences because of our modern technology.
All that to say, yesterday I took a picture of Davis on my phone while he was swinging, and I am so thankful for the quick pic that was captured.

On twitter I put the caption, Please let me know when it gets better than this...
This picture captures Davis in so many ways. Happy, big blue eyes, ready for the ride and full of life.
I'm sorry my phone couldn't capture the scream and laughing as he went swinging through the air.... but I'm also really glad. It was a moment for a father and his son.

No comments: