Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

Well here we go... a new year.
Last night Katie and I kicked off our new year with our small group from Fellowship. There were 4 couples total that spent the evening at a lake house. Katie's parents kept the kids and we had a great time spending time with each other.

My favorite part of the night was that we spent 10-15 minutes praying as a group. That doesn't just happen.
I am really thankful for a group of friends that spent time before the Father, thanking Him, praising Him and remembering all He has done.

To start the new year off Katie and I are heading to Atlanta for 4 days to a conference. My parents will be keeping the kiddos for this stint.
We are going to Passion Conference. Passion is a conference for college students which was very formative to me when I was in college. I am REALLY excited to be going and sharing this experience with Katie.
They will actually be putting some of the main sessions online for anyone who is interested. www.268generation.com/passion2010

As we begin the New Year i would love to ask you to pray for us. There will be over 21,000 college students invading downtown Atlanta, Philipps Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center. Pray that things would happen that can only be described by God. But can I ask that you not only pray for the corporate gathering but pray for Katie and I. Pray that we would not just lead/chaperone the trip, but that we would meet Jesus in a way that changes us. That we may be "transformed more into His (Jesus) likeness". I want to go expectant that God will do what only God can do.

Happy New Year.

No comments: