Sunday, January 24, 2010

20 minutes

What will we do in 20 minutes today?
If I started this blog off with the ask, most of us would make the excuse that we don't have time to do "the ask."
So let me ask you this first...
What WILL you do in 20 minutes today?
Read the sports page?
Check your blog roll?
Read a chapter of a novel?
Watch sportscenter for the 3rd, 4th, 5th time?
Surf youtube?
24?
Bachelor?
Check stats on a sports team...

We ALL have 20 minutes.

So my ask is this... would you spend 20 minutes watching this next video? If you are really crazy, spend 45 minutes and watch the whole video, I think it will be worth your time.

The video is of John Piper, a pastor in Minnesota, talking about the importance of scripture in our lives. The first 20 minutes is Piper quoting the book of Philipians. If you've never seen someone really recite a book of the bible, it's powerful.

20 minutes. It's all I ask.



I hope you know this isn't about Piper memorizing the book of Philippians. It's about being hungry for the word of God in our lives. Letting it not inform us, but rather transform us.

No comments: