Monday, March 30, 2009

Useful

We had a great weekend around the house. Sometimes I like the weekends where you lay around and say, "Nothing got done this weekend!" But this was not one of those weekends and that feels good too at times.
On Friday we got some new shrubs and a tree for our front flower bed. I guess I should say we purchased the plants, Katie still has to dig the holes and plant them! Only kidding, but hopefully those holes will appear sometime this week.
We also put a shelf up in Allie's closest so now all of the stuff that was in Annie's closest has been transfered over and we are ready to put up all of Annie's clothes.
On Saturday it was a work day. Davis was with Arhie and Susan while Katie was with Young Life as they spent the day placing new leaders. It literally takes them all day to do this! Some people think this is absurd, I think it's amazing. They take longer to place volunteer leaders, than some people take to hire an employee. I think God honors that.
While Katie was working with young life, I had an all day College Leaders meeting with Fellowship. I am so fortunate to get to work with some of the folks who volunteer their time to help out around Fellowship. We brainstormed for the future and I am really excited about what God is doing at Fellowship.
Sunday was a marathon day. The highlight was Arhcie's retirement reception at Central Bearden. 32 years of service at one church. That is amazing. I will echo my earlier statement about being steadfast and taking your time somewhere, God honors that. It was neat to see the number of people Archie has impacted in his years of ministry.
Hopefully this week the weather will stay warm so Davis can continue to play outside, its definitely his favorite past time now. (other than goldfish)

No comments: