Monday, March 23, 2009

Great trip

I had an absolutely amazing time in Mexico last week. I don't want to say the news is making up stories, but we were completely safe, saw nothing out of the ordinary and had a great time. We had an incredible team of 20 folks. I am so fortunate to get to work with such great young adults. We worked on 9 projects including: roofing, painting, new drainage pipes, and building an outhouse.
The trip stretched many of the students in what they are comfortable doing and seeing. I am always amazed at how God uses these trips to grow us as much as anyone else.

I am very thankful to be home now. Katie and Davis had a great week without me though. They were able to go to the smokies for a couple of days with the Fendleys for a couple of days and really enjoyed that, unfortunately no pictures. One great thing about where I stayed in Mexico was that I could still pic up San Diego's cell towers, so I was able to check in with Katie and Davis everyday.

I returned home and it really is amazing how much kids grow in one week. It was so good to see his smiles on Sunday morning when he woke up. It was a beautiful day yesterday and after church we played outside for a while and apparently Davis thinks he is a bird and our fire pit is his bird bath.
Lots of pics after a week off!











No comments: