Friday, January 16, 2009

Frostbite and BabyFat

I realize that title leaves a lot of room for questions.

Katie and I are headed out to Frostbite, Central Beardens Youth Winter Retreat, today. This year Frostbite is actually possible! The retreat is in Crossville, up on the plateau and the forecast is straight FREEZING. Luckily the facilities are created for lots of indoor activity. I will be speaking 7x in 36 hours, so prayers for energy, clarity, focus and Christ to be central, would be appreciated. It is always such an honor to work with Central because of the excellence of their youth program and ministers. Dave Hunt is leading worship, that is reason enough to go on the retreat. You should check him out at www.davehunt.com if you don't know his music. He is amazing at genuinely leading you into worship.
My challenge is to speak about the power of friendships over our lives, so true for middle school and high school students, but very difficult to speak about in "real" ways. It would be easy for me to rail against their friends, drinking, smoking, sex, facebook, etc... and no one hear a thing. I would much rather challenge them, and myself, to honestly evaluate the path my life is heading down and is it Christ honoring? Do my friends and I pursue Christ or are we "comfortable"? It is requiring me to pray a lot for these students because nothing I can say will convince them of this message, only the spirit of God can do that. Thankfully.



I was honestly suprised this morning. I was hoping for a good 2 pounds this week and I was surprised by a 4 pound drop this week! That puts me at an even 20lbs. Its hard to believe I only have 10 more pounds in my original goal. I'm thinking about extending the goal until our little girl actually arrives, because it looks like I may reach my goal before May- hopefully!
Lets see what this weekend does- from what i hear church camp food is the best thing in the world for you!

1 comment:

Megger said...

JC I am so proud!!!!!! Congratulations!