Tuesday, May 25, 2010

8 years

8 years ago today Katie and I got married.
8 amazing years.
3 in Atlanta.
5 in Knoxville.
2 incredible kids.

So grateful for Katie.
People love being around Katie, but no one really sees the Katie I see.

The way she is around the house when its just us and the kids.
The way she is at a movie when we haven't been in a while, and she lights up at the idea of popcorn and milkduds.
The way she genuinely loves to laugh.
The way she naps on the couch.
The way the loves to try a new recipe.
The way she listens to me as I dream crazy dreams, share them with her and think about what could be.
The way she loves and respects me as the church does Christ (a real gift)
The conversations we have at dinner about what our hopes are really in, what being with Jesus really looks like for us and what God wants for our lives. (Great 8th anniversary conversation last night).

Just 8 simple things I love about her.

love you katie.

No comments: