Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Father/Son



This past weekend Katie was on a pastor's wives retreat with some ladies from Fellowship (this is a real gift that they have this community). So while she was away at Whitestone for a day, my parents were keeping Annie at their place, which left Davis and me.
Just me and Davis Friday Night and Saturday morning. It is strange when you have a kid solo how much differently you pay attention to them, notice things about them and are affirmed how much you love this little person.
We went and looked at dogs, ate pizza at Chuckie Cheese, played games together, went and got ice cream and just talked.
He is getting to the point where he really can just talk to you, its really fun.

My favorite part of the night was sitting outside at Marble Slab and just talking.
"Davis, what's your favorite_________" He would answer
"Dad, do you have favorite__________" I'd answer.
Back and forth back and forth.

I won't tell you the whole conversation, there are some things that are just for a kid and his Dad... and i like that.
Kind of reminds me of my Heavenly Father.
Praying and hoping for many more of these times.

No comments: