Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day


Last night at CollegeLife, Fellowship's College ministry, I asked the question, "Why do you love Jesus more now than ever?" 
It seems like a Valentines Day question. 
So many cards around this time of year have those sentiments to them,
 " I love you more this year than ever before"
 "on this valentines day i'm more in love with you because..."
 "i didn't think I could love you more but now I see..." 
You can fill in the blanks.  

But it made me wonder, could this be said of my relationship with Christ- I love you now more than ever. And if so, why? 

What is it about Jesus that has made me fall more in love with him than ever?
 Here are some of the responses from college students last night... this is gold right here:
"traveling to Bolivia and seeing the poverty and people finding their joy in Christ alone."
"in the face of pancreatic cancer ravaging my father, Christ being sufficient"
"Christ loving me"
"Another year of all my sin, and yet he still hasn't given up on me."
"the faithfulness of my family and seeing Christ grow in our relationships"
"God's discipline this year" (i'm not making that up, a college girl actually said that!)
"Seeing God's hand in my decisions, whether is be my class schedule working out or my relationships"
"I don't know."

It was amazing to hear all of the responses and see how God is moving and continues to draw us to Himself.

It's messy to talk about our love for Christ, because there aren't neat, packaged answers when you begin to talk about a love story. But how great to find places to walk into that love story and share with others.

One of the many things I shared last night was being a father for a year has completely changed my view of the kind of love my Heavenly Father has for me. 
In the midst of 
MY crying 
MY mess
MY disobedience
MY messed up schedule
MY shortcoming

HE loves me still.


No comments: